Thursday 28 June 2012

Foodie penpals: a package for Emma


This was my first foodie pen pals and I got paired with Emma from doughdiaries.blogspot.co.uk.  I can say it was a total delight and I was over the moon with my foodie package.
I got my email from Emma on the 5th June explaining she would be my foodie pen pal this month. After asking me some questions in regards to what I like, I explained that I had a very sweet tooth and love baking. The reply email couldn’t have been more exciting; Emma told me that she is in fact a baker, she’s just finished doing a pastry chef NVQ and she has been doing lots of experimenting with chocolate. And some of that should make it’s way into my parcel. Well if I wasn’t excited enough about my first package, to then find out I was paired with a baker who was “experimenting with chocolate” just put the cherry on the cake.

The 18th June came round and to my delight my post women knocked at the door holding a parcel; I couldn’t take it out of her hands quick enough.  The first thing that struck me was the weight of it. I was like a child at Christmas. Once I had opened it I was in absolute amazement. I was expecting 1 or 2 items and secretly hoping it would be something Emma had made. I was right!
In my Box:

A lovely hand written card explaining the reasons behind the items in the box.
Eccles cakes & Parma Violets – both very local to Emma. I loved the story about how the Swizzles Matlow factory used to test new sweet flavors out on a local school.
Rhubarb & Ginger jam.
Freeze dried strawberries, Edible gold leaf, Red magic sprinkles – all to decorate my cakes & bakes.
Natural Jelly Belly jelly beans and Hershey’s cookies & cream chocolate.
 And of course homemade salted caramel millionaire’s shortbread – this was heavenly and I would buy this buy the lorry load.
All in all it was a fab experience and thank you so much Emma for an amazing package!!! I loved everything!

1 comment:

  1. I am such a sucker for caramel shortcake - SALTED caramel shortcake doubly so. This is another great parcel, Emma you did a brilliant job!

    ReplyDelete